Saturday, December 4, 2010

Five Incredible Films Shown at the SAICFF Part 3


2010 Audience Choice Award/Runner Up Best of Festival & Best Feature FilmThe Runner From Ravenshead


This film was, hands down, a favorite at the festival and has become a personal favorite of mine! The film features a complete child-cast, which originally, made me skeptical about the film itself, but was I in for a special surprise. In fact, before I was midway into the film I found myself forgetting that the cast were children, and was very much engaged in the story. Little Crew Studios has demonstrated a solid understanding of good story structure that communicates a distinctly Christian message, profound attention to detail and professionalism, exceptional dialogue and creative interaction between characters, and has topped it off with a marvelous original score. The Runner From Ravenshead is a film I'm sure your family will enjoy, chronicling the compelling, moving story of one little girl's escape from a life of bondage and her journey to find the city of refuge. As a result, it has been compared to Pilgrim's Progress, but the best description I've heard is John Clay's Little Rascals meets Pilgrims Progress meets Indiana Jones. I was present at its first screening and by the end of the film, we (the audience) jumped to our feet and the entire auditorium erupted in a chorus of well deserved applause and cheers! I encourage you to view the trailer below and purchase a copy here.



No comments: